CANADIAN FOUNDATION FOR TRAUMA RESEARCH AND EDUCATION taught by Dr. Edward Josephs Ph.d. and Dr. Lynne Zettl Ph.d.
Trauma and the Triune brain series I-III in 2001, Vancouver:
For references please contact clinical supervisor Dr. Edward Josephs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Self Regulation Therapy (SRT) - is an integrative somatic approach to diminishing excess activation in the nervous system, resolving developmental and shock trauma and eliminating symptoms associated with post traumatic stress disorder. It has its foundations in the field of neurobiology and it reflects our innate capacity to respond to novelty or threat. SRT brings balance to the nervous system and helps individuals experience joy, closeness in relationships, vitality and resiliency in the body.
As an Advanced Level Practitioner, trained at the Canadian Foundation for Trauma Research and Education, I provide clinical skills for resolving:
- high impact trauma (motor vehicle incidents, falls, whiplash syndrome, post-concussive disorder),
- medical/dental trauma (surgery, anesthesia, poisonings, hospitalizations, physical injury),
- relational trauma (rape, assault, sexual abuse, shame, dissociation),
- global activation (fetal distress and birth trauma, near drowning, electrocution, suffocation, hallucinogens, psychosis, high fevers, seizures).
- working with trauma from natural and manmade disasters (fires, severe storm events, tornados, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, toxic contaminations, spills, gas leaks, etc.)
In the process of boundary scans and restoration of ruptured energetic boundaries that occur during impact and medical interventions, I utilize biofeedback tools such as the "EMwave desktop Power Spectrum Analysis by the Heartmath Institute, and amazing scientific measurement tools such as Bio-Well/GDV scan based on kirlian photography of biophoton emissions that measures energy flow in the different meridian systems, organ systems and chakra systems of the body, including changes in energy levels in the environment, which can have significant impacts in epigenetic expressions of vitality.
I offer SRT sessions individually, as well as integrate the principles and techniques into clinical therapeutic massage with great results.